When looking at renting a property for business, what would recommend we look out for? Any hidden fees?
Published: 13th January, 2016
Costs to look out for when renting for business purposes:
- VAT (if you are not VAT registered – unable to recover)
- Setup: – Solicitors fees for checking/drafting the lease
- – Cost of Schedule of condition (basic is c. £400)
- Connection of services and utilities (telecoms, broadband etc)
- Shop fit/renovation
- Insurances/Services Charges (Annual)
We recommend you use a competent person to check your lease thoroughly as all costs/liabilities will be detailed.