As a freelancer – can I claim use of my home

Published: 8th July, 2015


Yes, there are specific rules around use of a home office set out by HMRC. You can claim either a fixed amount per month based on the number of hours you work or a percentage of the actual expenditure incurred. Call HMRC Self Employment help line or a chartered accountant for details. See: