Planning Law and Development
At LCF Law we have particular expertise in all aspect of planning matters, especially the removal of agricultural occupancy restrictions which limit occupation of a dwelling only to people who are employed in agriculture. Removal of these, and other similar restrictions, normally adds around a third to the value of a property.
We also deal with rural applications for new farm dwellings which have to be justified by a need for someone to be on the farm holding, and for new farm buildings in general.
Applications under the Permitted Development regime
Other rural planning proposals we advise on include the conversion of farm and other rural buildings, and the erection of new farm buildings, including those which take advantage of Permitted Development rights. These rights automatically grant planning permission for new buildings and the conversion of existing buildings if detailed criteria are met and may involve prior notification applications under the Permitted Development regime.
A broad range of general planning services
As well as our specialised advice on rural planning matters, we also provide our clients with a broad range of general planning and environmental legal advice and support which includes:
- Site development potential assessment - assessing a site in a policy context and identifying the development potential.
- Acting as agent for planning applications (of all types); co-ordinating teams for larger projects; and preparing policy statements for smaller one.
- Planning appeals - considering the merits of an appeal; preparation of appeal statements; and acting as the agent on an appeal (including advocacy at informal hearings).
- Preparation of planning obligations - unilateral undertakings and agreements to accompany applications or appeal submissions.
- Preparation of applications for Certificates of Lawfulness for both existing and proposed development (often in connection with removal of occupancy restrictions).
- Planning enforcement matters including advising on, and preparation and submission of, planning enforcement appeals (including advocacy at informal hearings).
- Advising on objections to planning applications.
- Handling listed building, conservation area and heritage issues.
- Local Plan representations and attendance at Examinations In Public
- Advising on community infrastructure levy ('CIL') and vacant building credit issues.
- Ombudsman complaints and Judicial Review of decisions and actions of Local Authorities.
- Related local government matters including diversion and stopping up of highways.
Call Us Now
Our solicitors are ready to help you. Click on Contact Us, use the Contact form above, or send a message direct to our lawyers using the business cards below.