Commercial Leases, Licences & Tenancies
At LCF Law we are experts in dealing with commercial leases, licences and other tenancy arrangements.
We act for both landlords and tenants, providing a wide range of advice and services, and presenting them in ways that are understandable to the layman - avoiding archaic terminology and legalese wherever possible.
Our commercial property services include drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of lease related documents including:
- lease renewals, including dealing with Section 25 and Section 26 notices for renewing under the Landlord and Tenant 1954 Act;
- the assignment of leases - either by a licence to assign where a tenant effectively transfers the existing lease to a new tenant with the landlord’s permission; or by a licence to underlet, where the tenant can sublet the whole or part of the property under the overall head lease;
- tenancies at will - where the occupation of premises is needed quickly but the lease has not yet been agreed;
- licence to occupy - for shorter commercial occupations; and
- licence for alterations - to enable the authorisation of alterations to the premises; or example, if there is a change in use;
- Deed of variations - to vary the terms of the lease;
Deed of surrenders - to bring the lease to an end by agreement before the contractual term has expired.
We act for a broad range of investment clients who have large portfolios of both commercial and residential properties. We adapt our advice to take into account current circumstances. The Covid-19 pandemic, for example, has thrown up a lot of complexity in the area of commercial leases.
Investors, developers, management companies, landlords and tenants have all been trying to find the best commercial and practical responses to a whole range of disputes and negotiations involving leases including: break clauses, surrenders and force majeure terms; as well as dealing with forfeiture, insolvency and disclaimer situations; and we understand and address the implications of all of this for Landlords, Tenant’s and Guarantors.
Whatever your commercial lease and licensing requirements may be you can be confident that the Commercial Property Team at LCF Law will listen carefully to you, will understand your commercial objectives and will apply all of our expertise and experience to get the right outcomes on your behalf.
Legal Directory LEGAL 500 (2021 Edition) has this to say about our Commercial Property Team
Led by Paul Anderson, the team at LCF Law handles a range of matters, including commercial leasing work, portfolio management issues, contracts, and warranties. Clients include retailers, nationally-prominent charities, and healthcare organisations. Harriet Thornton specialises in leaseholder enfranchisements for tenants and landlords, while Ann-Marie Casey has particular expertise in assisting the firm’s charity clients.
Call Us Now
Our solicitors are ready to help you. Click on Contact Us, use the Contact form above, or send a message direct to one of the team working in this area from their business cards below.